NAMI Washington County supports, educates, and advocates for community members who live with a mental illness as well as their friends and family members.
What We've Done in 2021:
- Hosted a booth at the Washington County Fair
- Painted mental health rocks to be given away at tabling events & placed along trails in the community
- Recruited professional volunteer to direct our outreach and marketing efforts
- Formed Google Group for our volunteers for online communication & collaboration
- Restructured volunteer group to operate like a board
- Created Faith Outreach Committee to concentrate efforts on sharing NAMI programming and resources to area faith communities
- Created Volunteer Hub - a website just for our volunteers
- Participated in virtual Day on the Hill
- Started a virtual Family Support Group so people who attended our in-person support groups can see some familiar, supportive faces. Register here.